Non Surgical Skin Tightening
Tighten, Contour + Lift Sagging Skin On A Muscular Level.
Unlike other skin lifting treatments such as thread lifts, dermal fillers, and anti-wrinkle injections, Ultrasound Therapy does not involve injections – it bypasses superficial skin by delivering precisely focused beams of ultrasound energy at three different depths in the skin’s layers.
This technology is micro and macro focused ultrasound that precisely targets the SMAS layer in the skin – the layer that surgeons pull back when doing a facelift—causing new collagen stimulation, providing long-term tightening of the skin.
The body’s natural wound healing response results in the formation of new collagen which leads to a long term tightening of the skin. Results from ultrasound skin tightening are instant and progressive, meaning you will continue to see improvements for up to 6 months post treatment.
What Areas Can Be Treated
How It Works
Micro and macro ultrasound energy activates the skin regenerative process, through tissue contraction, and new collagen production. Over the next few months, gradual tightening occurs, resulting in lifting of the face and tightening of the skin – naturally.
Advanced ultrasound works for face lifting, skin tightening, wrinkles, pores, V-line forming, jowl line, cheek, skin tone improvement, and overall laxity improvement.
1 Month After
*Results may vary from patient to patient
Hight Intensity Focused Ultrasound
Non-Toxic + Non-Surgical Face and Neck Lift
The ultrasound skin tightening treatment involves a 2-phase process.
1st phase: includes the instant contraction of protein fibres in the skin which causes an instant skin tightening.
2nd phase: is via collagen stimulation which occurs up to 3 – 6 months post-treatment. As new collagen forms, the skin is more plump, tighter and wrinkles are reduced. This treatment works on the deepests layer of the skin to help strengthen, tighten but more importantly lift and contour the skin and profile.
Skin toning and tightening can be performed on the lower face, neck, décolletage, arms, buttocks and abdominal area.
The number of treatments you need depends on your genetic heritage, skin background, your skin’s current elasticity, and other factors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is Suitable For Ultrasound Therapy (HIFU)?
While Ultrasound Therapy does not replace a surgical facelift, it is a great option for people who are not willing to undergo surgery or do not want any injections to their faces for skin lifting.
Ultrasound Therapy will benefit men or women with mild to moderate skin laxity. It is a fantastic age-proofing treatment – when the treatment is started once early signs of ageing occur, it slows down the skin ageing and sagging process, so that we maintain our lifted, youthful contours for as long as possible.
Examples of areas that will benefit from include the eyebrows, loose skin on the neck, double chin, and lines and wrinkles on the chest. This treatment works especially well for the double chin, lower face and jowls.
During your consult, your therapist will assess your skin and recommend the areas that are suitable for treatment using Ultrasound Therapy.
- How Many Treatments Of Ultrasound Therapy (HIFU) Skin Tightening Are Recommended?
- We recommend 2 treatments of skin tightening to begin with, the number of follow up treatments depends on the client and their laxity rating. You will start to notice results immediately after your first treatment, maintenance treatment is required every 12 to 18 months.
- How is Ultrasound Therapy different from other skin tightening procedures?
- Because Ultrasound Therapy targets deep skin layers, it is unlike lasers and radio frequency which usually focuses on superficial layers of the skin in order to treat wrinkles, fine lines or uneven pigmentation. Because these two different target different skin layers, they can be used in conjunction with one another for the ultimate treatment in anti-aging skincare.
- Can I combine Ultrasound Therapy (HIFU) with cosmetic injections?
- Yes, in fact, Ultrasound Therapy works very well with other non-invasive cosmetic treatments such as cosmetic injections as an overall face management solution. It is best for targeting loose skin around the neck, arms, and abdomen area. At Body Sculpting Clinics each treatment can be combined to enable you to target your specific needs and devise a specific and bespoke treatment plan for you ensuring maximum results.
- How is Ultrasound Therapy different from other laser procedures or Thermage?
- Ultrasound Therapy reaches much deeper into the skin than lasers. Amongst the non-invasive skin treatments, the MMFU reaches the deepest – up to 4.5mm. It also reaches deeper than other skin tightening modalities such as Thermage, which uses radiofrequency waves. Unlike resurfacing lasers such as carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, MMFU does not break the skin surface – hence, there is no redness and no downtime. There is also minimal risk of pigmentary complications.
- What results can I expect from this treatment?
- Results will be noticeable 2 to 6 weeks after beginning treatment. Full results are measurable at approximately the 12 week mark depending on your body’s metabolic rate. Our therapists will book you in for your follow up appointment.
- What will I experience during treatment?
- To protect the skin an anti-freeze pad is placed on the area of treatment. Next, the fat is drawn into a suction cup and the machine starts the targeted cooling process. You will experience a slight pulling sensation and the area will feel cold. Within minutes the area will go numb. The handpiece stays in place for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Important information
- This treatment must be performed by a trained therapist. Our Body Specialists are trained therapists that specialise in aesthetic, non-surgical, non- invasive body transformation procedures.
Up to 60 minutes per application
Back to work
Up to 10 days
After 8-12 weeks
Duration of results
Long term results
Risks and complications
Possible bruising, redness, slight numbness for 10 days
Recommended number of treatments
This varies per person. Speak to your Body Specialist for your tailored program.
Don’t Miss Out
Keep up to date with special events, tips from our blog and exciting promotions!