Non surgical alternative to liposuction
Cryolipolysis, commonly known as ‘fat freezing’, is a non-surgical alternative used to reduce specific areas of fat. Cyrolipolysis is a proven method of fat reduction which has been subject to clinical trials and scientific studies and has been proven to kill fat cells in each session in the treated area.
The procedure lasts for an hour and is most often used for permanent reduction of stubborn fat pockets and for general body sculpting.
Unlike laser liposuction which has little to no effect on destroying fat cells, or surgical liposuction which is an extreme treatment and an inherently invasive procedure with surgical risk, potential for adhesions, prolonged down time, possible scarring and post procedure pain, cryolipolyisis has little to no downtime and is an ideal walk in walk out treatment.
Not all technology in the market is created equal, at Morpho Clinic we only use Registered Medical Grade devices in our clinic that have been backed by sufficient clinical studies.
What Areas Can Be Treated
How It Works
This unique non-invasive treatment uses a combination of electro and cryo therapy.
Cryolipolysis specifically targets fat cells and lowers their temperature to between -6 to -9 degrees causing them to crystalize. No other structures are affected by this process.
Using medical grade technology, the cells are chilled to the point where the body’s natural “apoptosis” processes are triggered, gradually collecting these damaged fat cells and eliminating them from the body.
The remaining content of the fat cells is disposed of naturally through the body’s lymphatic system. The results are proven, long lasting and noticeable.
Book A Complimentary Consultation
Before and After
Customised Treatment Plans
The ideal candidate for cryoliplysis is a person whose BMI (Body Mass Index) is mildly above ideal, and has specific areas of unwanted fat that cannot be removed with diet or exercise.
These might be fat bulges such as muffin tops, love handles, fat deposits on the abdomen, upper arms, pack, or flanks.
Our team are specifically trained in the body aesthetic treatments, and our treatments plans are customised based on your desired results.
Our goal is to work closely with you to understand your goals and expectations. We believe in educating our clients, so you are empowered to make the right decisions for yourself and to achieve the best possible result.
*Disclaimer: Results vary from person to person due to family history, age and different skin types.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a candidate for Cryolipolysis?
- The ideal candidate for Cryolipolysis, or ‘fat freezing’, is for a person who is mildly above their ideal weight, and cannot shift stubborn pockets of fat. Ideally the candidate should be within 10-15kg of their ideal weight range. Fat freezing is not a weight loss treatment, and does not replace the benefits of proper diet and exercise. It does not treat obesity.
- What happens to the fat?
- Cryolipolysis specifically targets fat cells and lowers their temperature to a range between -6 to -9 degrees causing them to crystalize. No other structures are affected by this process. The remaining content of the fat cells is disposed of naturally through the body’s lymphatic system. The results are proven, long lasting and noticeable.
- What areas can be improved with this Cryolipolysis?
- This treatment is best for targeting stubborn areas that won’t respond to changes in diet and exercise. Our clinicians have found inner thighs, the lower abdomen, and ‘muffin tops’ respond well to this treatment. It is not unusual for our therapists to use this technique in combination with other technologies to get the best results on your body.
- Are the results permanent?
- Permanent. As long as you maintain your weight and your normal diet and exercise, your long term results should remain stable.
- What results can I expect from this treatment?
- Results will be noticeable 2 to 6 weeks after beginning treatment. Full results are measurable at approximately the 12 week mark depending on your body’s metabolic rate. Our therapists will book you in for your follow up appointment.
- What will I experience during treatment?
- To protect the skin an anti-freeze pad is placed on the area of treatment. Next, the fat is drawn into a suction cup and the machine starts the targeted cooling process. You will experience a slight pulling sensation and the area will feel cold. Within minutes the area will go numb. The handpiece stays in place for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Important information
- This treatment must be performed by a trained therapist. Our Body Specialists are trained therapists that specialise in aesthetic, non-surgical, non- invasive body transformation procedures.
- How do I know this treatment is safe?
- Body Sculpting Clinics use medical grade devices which are registered on the ARTG as medical devices ARTG/ TGA inclusion number of CLATUU #243432. The TGA is part of the Australian Government Department of Health and is responsible for regulating therapeutic goods including medical devices. Once technology is tested and approved, it continues to be regulated through post market monitoring and standards enforcement.
Up to 60 minutes per application
Back to work
Up to 10 days
After 8-12 weeks
Duration of results
Long term results
Risks and complications
Possible bruising, redness, slight numbness for 10 days
Recommended number of treatments
This varies per person. Speak to your Body Specialist for your tailored program.
Don’t Miss Out
Keep up to date with special events, tips from our blog and exciting promotions!