Acoustic Wave Technology
Acoustic Radial Wave Therapy (ARWT)
Shockwave, or Acoustic Radial Wave Therapy (ARWT) works by stimulating the fat breakdown, collagen synthesis, and lymphatic drainage.
Our shockwave is delivered by placing a probe up against the areas of cellulite, as it passes over the area it emits radial waves through the skin.
The treated cells are then flushed away through the body’s natural removal process and continues for up to 3 months.
Shockwave is most often used to counter cellulite wherever it appears on the body – especially on the outer and inner thigh area and buttocks.
What Areas Can Be Treated
How It Works
Powerful sound waves are used to stimulate microcirculation within the fat layer, increasing the metabolic function of the area.
Free fatty acids and glycerol are released from the fat cells and sit in the intercellular space. Natural metabolic systems then remove these waste products from the body.
At the same time the sound waves stimulate connective tissue giving the skin a firmer tone and reducing dimples on the skin’s surface.
*Disclaimer: Results vary from person to person due to family history, age and different skin types.
Soundwave to shrink & permeate fat cells
Shockwave is one of our most powerful techniques specifically for cellulite and works by stimulating fat breakdown, collagen synthesis and lymphatic drainage.
Shockwave is delivered by placing a probe up agains the areas of cellulite. As it passes over the area it emits radial waves through the skin.
This is generally not a stand alone treatment but incorporated into your personalised treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Areas Can Be Improved With Shockwave Therapy?
- Shockwave is most often used to counter cellulite wherever it appears on the body – especially on the outer and inner thigh area and buttocks.
- What results can I expect from this treatment?
- Results will be noticeable 2 to 6 weeks after beginning treatment. Full results are measurable at approximately the 12 week mark depending on your body’s metabolic rate. Our therapists will book you in for your follow up appointment.
- How Many Treatments Are Recommended?
- A course of treatment typically consists of 8 to 10 sessions.
- What will I experience during treatment?
- To protect the skin an anti-freeze pad is placed on the area of treatment. Next, the fat is drawn into a suction cup and the machine starts the targeted cooling process. You will experience a slight pulling sensation and the area will feel cold. Within minutes the area will go numb. The handpiece stays in place for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Important information
- This treatment must be performed by a trained therapist. Our Body Specialists are trained therapists that specialise in aesthetic, non-surgical, non- invasive body transformation procedures.
Up to 60 minutes per application
Back to work
Up to 10 days
After 8-12 weeks
Duration of results
Long term results
Risks and complications
Possible bruising, redness, slight numbness for 10 days
Recommended number of treatments
This varies per person. Speak to your Body Specialist for your tailored program.
Don’t Miss Out
Keep up to date with special events, tips from our blog and exciting promotions!