Low Frequency Ultrasound
Instant centimeter loss
Ultrasound fat cavitation uses low frequency ultrasound to subject fat cell membranes to a strong wave of pressure. The cell structure cannot withstand this pressure and disintegrates into a liquid state.
The ultrasound wave creates a vibration within the fat layer. The fat cells do not have the structural capacity to withstand this vibration and the cell membrane will very quickly break down.
This treatment is ideal for patients that have approximately 3cm of fat or more and require an instant reduction. When combined with permanent fat reduction techniques cavitation can produce some incredible results.
What Areas Can Be Treated
How It Works
During the fat cavitation treatment membranes fat cells need to survive are disrupted. You will hear a buzzing sound in your ears.
The content of the fat cell, which is primarily comprised of triglycerides, is dispersed into the fluid between the cells and transported through the vascular and lymphatic systems to the liver in a natural metabolic process.
The liver makes no distinction between fat coming from the cavitation treatment and fat originating from consumed food and processes the material using the body’s normal mechanisms.
*Disclaimer: Results vary from person to person due to family history, age and different skin types.
Release of Triclycerides
Overall circumference reduction
This technique gets best results on larger areas that has 3cm more of fat such as the inner thighs, outer hips, and abdomen.
This treatment is a fat reduction technique best used with a combination of treatments, and is always performed as a course of treatments rather than a stand alone procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Many Treatments Of Cavitation Are Recommended?
- For ideal results it’s important to note that cavitation is a treatment that typically requires a course of 6 to 8 treatments performed weekly to achieve optimum results, although your therapist will advise the best treatment plan for you based on your diagnostic assessment, body type and goals.
- What areas can be improved with Cavitation?
- This technique gets best results on larger areas that has 3cm more of fat such as the inner thighs, outer hips, buttocks, upper arms, hips and abdomen. This is a ideal treatment as part of a treatment plan, post pregnancy.
- What results can I expect from this treatment?
- Results will be noticeable 2 to 6 weeks after beginning treatment. Full results are measurable at approximately the 12 week mark depending on your body’s metabolic rate. Our therapists will book you in for your follow up appointment.
- What will I experience during treatment?
- To protect the skin an anti-freeze pad is placed on the area of treatment. Next, the fat is drawn into a suction cup and the machine starts the targeted cooling process. You will experience a slight pulling sensation and the area will feel cold. Within minutes the area will go numb. The handpiece stays in place for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Important information
- This treatment must be performed by a trained therapist. Our Body Specialists are trained therapists that specialise in aesthetic, non-surgical, non- invasive body transformation procedures.
Up to 60 minutes per application
Back to work
Up to 10 days
After 8-12 weeks
Duration of results
Long term results
Risks and complications
Possible bruising, redness, slight numbness for 10 days
Recommended number of treatments
This varies per person. Speak to your Body Specialist for your tailored program.
Don’t Miss Out
Keep up to date with special events, tips from our blog and exciting promotions!